Yes, it’s true; there are foods which are considered to be “aphrodisiacs”. This does not, however, mean that you can just serve them during your Valentine’s day dinner and expect any sexy results. Foods that are considered to be aphrodisiacs are those rich in nutrients for good sexual health. Including these foods as a part of your regular diet can help with sexual hormone health and cardiovascular health, both of which are important for an active “love life”.
1. Chocolate - Chocolate contains an amino acid called L-arginine, which is converted by the body to nitric oxide, which dilates blood vessels, increasing blood flow. It also stimulates endorphins, as well as contains theobromine and other brain chemicals that are also produced when you are in love. This is one reason why chocolates are given for Valentine’s day. Don’t eat a box of bon bons though to get these benefits. High quality dark chocolate in small amounts, or adding unsweetened cocoa powder or nibs to recipes is enough to give you the healthy attributes without all the calories and fat. Dipping fruit in chocolate and feeding it to each other is also sexy!
2. Oysters – Many foods resemble the body part they are supposed to help, such as walnuts looking like a brain or a tomato having 4 chambers like a heart. As for oysters, well… Oysters are high in zinc which boosts semen production and regulates sexual hormones. Eating them raw together is fun and sexy, but you can use them in all kinds of cooked recipes, too, like soup or fry them up for a sandwich.
3. Asparagus – Asparagus is rich in vitamin E, which can help increase blood and oxygen flow to the genitals, and the potassium helps with the production of sexual hormones. Did you know that asparagus one of the few foods that is acceptable to eat with your fingers even in a formal situation? How fun to eat with your fingers during your date!
4. Watermelon – This juicy fruit can be used as part of natural treatment for ED. It contains an amino acid called citrulline which aids blood vessel dilation and heightens pleasure. It can be considered natural Viagra.
5. Spicy Chili Peppers – The capsaicin in chilies stimulates nerve endings on the tongue, which releases adrenaline, thus increasing your heart rate and releasing endorphins. Just make sure to wash your hands or use a glove when preparing them, as the nerve endings on the rest of you may not find the sting very sexy, but rather painful.
Remember, the right things in the kitchen can help you in the bedroom. Happy Valentine’s Day!