· ½ Cup grass fed butter
· 1 Tsp vanilla extract
· 1½ Cup Truvia
· 2 Cups gluten free flour
· 1 Tbsp baking powder
· 3 Eggs
· 1 Cup grass fed whole milk
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 2 cake pans. Set aside.
2. In a bowl beat together butter and truvua until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla extract and the eggs, one at a time, until they are fully incorporated (around 4 minutes)
3. Mix in the baking powder and slowly add the flour beating until combined.
4. Pour the milk and keep mixing until everything is well incorporated and there are no lumps left.
5. Divide the batter between the 2 cake pans and take to the oven.
6. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until done.
7. take out of the oven and let it cool. Remove from the cake pan and place over cooling racks until it's cold.
8. Frost and serve.
Sugar Free Buttercream Icing
½ cup unsalted grass fed butter, softened
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups Swerve confectioners' style
2 tablespoons grass fed whole milk
Cream room temperature butter with a hand mixer, the paddle attachment of a stand mixer, or a wooden spoon until smooth and fluffy. Gradually beat in Swerve confectioners' until fully incorporated. Beat in vanilla extract.
Pour in milk and beat for an additional 3 to 4 minutes. Beat for thirty seconds until smooth.